Clean install of WinXP Pro

cher

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2004

Hello all,

I would like to do a clean install of WinXp Professional Upgrade edition.
I just need to know whether my win98SE upgrade disk will be accepted as
qualifying. I have winXP Pro upgrade on here at present which was
installed over the top using the 98SE upgrade disk as a qualifier then,
but if I reformat for a clean install - will it still be considered as a
qualifier when I am asked to insert a qualifying product? (Win98SE was
upgraded from Win95 which of course is a non-qualifier & besides I no
longer have the Win95 disk)

Thanking you for your assistance

Cher

--
All attachments have been scanned with VET antivirus, version 10.64.0.9 -
updated daily. However, it is always a good idea to scan any attachments

Cher wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to do a clean install of WinXp Professional Upgrade
> edition. I just need to know whether my win98SE upgrade disk will be
> accepted as qualifying. I have winXP Pro upgrade on here at present
> which was installed over the top using the 98SE upgrade disk as a
> qualifier then, but if I reformat for a clean install - will it still
> be considered as a qualifier when I am asked to insert a qualifying
> product? (Win98SE was upgraded from Win95 which of course is a
> non-qualifier & besides I no longer have the Win95 disk)
>
> Thanking you for your assistance
>
> Cher

Hi Cher, after formatting your hd, start the install from the xp disk
and your 98 disk will/should be accepted when it is asked for.
hope this helps.