Sign in with
Your question

Laptop not working

Last response: in Windows 7
October 23, 2011 4:04:41 PM

Hello,

guys i need your help... my dell studio laptop is not working. When i switch it on it is booting properly then it asks for the password when i enter the password it accepts dat also.. but then it shows me a black screen with a cursor on it... my task manager is working even command prompt is working properly.. the thing i noticed was for the last time when i turned my laptop off... its cpu usage (processing) was 100 % i don't know how that happend so i turned my lappy off for 2 hours and it is not working... can anyone help me..... Thanks in advacne :) :) 

Regards,
Gajju :D 

More about : laptop working

October 24, 2011 2:15:19 AM

gajananshewale said:
Hello,

guys i need your help... my dell studio laptop is not working. When i switch it on it is booting properly then it asks for the password when i enter the password it accepts dat also.. but then it shows me a black screen with a cursor on it... my task manager is working even command prompt is working properly.. the thing i noticed was for the last time when i turned my laptop off... its cpu usage (processing) was 100 % i don't know how that happend so i turned my lappy off for 2 hours and it is not working... can anyone help me..... Thanks in advacne :) :) 

Regards,
Gajju :D 

Black screen with cursor? Is it just a small window? Because if it is, a program might be trying to install/update its own software. Try booting in safe mode (press f8 right when you turn on your computer). Unfortunately, if you interrupted a windows update, then you may have just caused damage to the OS.
October 24, 2011 2:19:31 AM

Boot into safe mode and attempt to do a system restore.
!