Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which is better xfx gt 240 1gb or sapphire hd 4670 1gb...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 13, 2010 6:16:54 AM

Which is better for my pc..A xfx gt 240 1gb or a sapphire hd 4670 1gb..My specs-...
1-intel core 2 duo e7300 @ 2.66 ghz
2-asus p5kpl-cm mobo
3-450 watt psu
4-2gb ddr-2 ram
plz help me....
March 13, 2010 6:36:27 AM

Both cards are not fast enough to utilize the full 1GB of Vram. I would say that GT240 is a better performer, but is it definitely overpriced. I suggest that you wait until March 26th, 2010. That date is a reminder that Nvidia will be launching their new products, which will give you a possibility of getting GT240 at a much lower price than it is now.
March 13, 2010 7:17:51 AM

Any particular reason of getting those cards.. They are DX10 cards...

You may also be intrested in DX 11 cards.. like the 5670 .. 5770 (very energy efficient cards).
And as per the above post the prices may drop in 2 weeks time if you want to wait:) 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 7:59:53 AM

Yeah the HD 5670 would be a better choice than any of those 2 cards, like them it doesn't require a power connector, yet is faster
March 13, 2010 8:32:27 AM

xfx gt 240.
March 13, 2010 8:34:32 AM

Really the hd 5670 do not need to connect it with a 6pin power connector?....
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 8:46:14 AM

But the 5670, starting at about $10 more than the 240, is the best bet, imo.
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 8:55:58 AM

Yes, the GT 240 is the better of the two, but the HD 5670 will be more powerful

Either way, if you are strictly on a tight budget then get the GT 240
a c 156 U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 8:59:34 AM

AMAN1996 said:
Which is better for my pc..A xfx gt 240 1gb or a sapphire hd 4670 1gb..My specs-...
1-intel core 2 duo e7300 @ 2.66 ghz
2-asus p5kpl-cm mobo
3-450 watt psu
4-2gb ddr-2 ram
plz help me....


No card below an HD 5830 can handle DX11 tessellation so you'd be playing most games in DX10 mode even if your card DOES support DX11. My recommendation to you would be an nVidia GeForce 9600 GT or 9800 GT. They're both more powerful than the cards you listed and are in the same price range. You have a 450W PSU. You can handle one of those. Right now you're better off taking advantage of the lower prices on the older technology because the DX10 9600 GT and 9800 GT will both outlive the DX10.1 GT 240 and HD 4670 by virtue of power alone. If you don't have any extra to spend, get the 9600 GT. If you have a little extra, like 6 pounds or 10 dollars, get the 9800 GT. Get ONLY 512MB and get the cheapest brand you can find. :sol: 

http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-geforce-gt-240-review...
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 9:06:56 AM

Avro Arrow said:
No card below an HD 5830 can handle DX11 tessellation so you'd be playing most games in DX10 mode even if your card DOES support DX11. My recommendation to you would be an nVidia GeForce 9600 GT or 9800 GT. They're both more powerful than the cards you listed and are in the same range. You have a 450W PSU. You can handle one of those. Right now you're better off taking advantage of the lower prices on the older technology because the DX10 9600 GT and 9800 GT will both outlive the DX10.1 GT 240 and HD 4670 by virtue of power alone. If you don't have any extra to spend, get the 9600 GT. If you have a little extra, like 6 pounds or 10 dollars, get the 9800 GT. Get ONLY 512MB and get the cheapest brand you can find. :sol: 

http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-geforce-gt-240-review...

My fellow canuck here (I assume Canadian by the name) makes a great point, but should not dismiss 10.1 so readily. On the titles I have experienced with it (In the switch from Xp to windows7) 10.1 is a pretty powerful subset. Though the support for 10.1 is limited, where you find it, the FPS and fluidity gains are undeniable (like HAWX).
a c 171 U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 10:36:45 AM

I think it was mouse who posted a link, the GT240 is more powerful then the 9600GT. It sits between the 9600GT and the 9800GT. This makes it more powerful then the 4670. Not sure about the 5670.

As a reminder, the GTX 480/470 are $300+ cards. Them coming out should have no impact on $60-80, at least right away.
a c 156 U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 7:03:34 PM

4745454b said:
I think it was mouse who posted a link, the GT240 is more powerful then the 9600GT. It sits between the 9600GT and the 9800GT. This makes it more powerful then the 4670. Not sure about the 5670.

As a reminder, the GTX 480/470 are $300+ cards. Them coming out should have no impact on $60-80, at least right away.


I see that your powerful vision missed the link IN MY POST. Either that or you're just plain lazy. Let me spell it out for you in small words so you can understand instead of giving bad advice to people based on nothing. According to Guru3d.com, out of 6 games tested, the 9600 GT beat the GT 240 in 5 of them. The last one didn't even list the 9600 GT. Here's how it went down.

9600 GT lead over GT 240:

Far Cry 2 - 1fps
Mass Effect - 5fps
Call of Duty: World at War - 5fps
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 6fps
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - 6fps

Now, explain to me HOW that makes the GT 240 more powerful than the 9600 GT when the 9600 GT beats an OVERCLOCKED GT 240 in every single game?

AGAIN, for YOU... the LINK:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-geforce-gt-240-review...
a c 156 U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 7:12:38 PM

JofaMang said:
My fellow canuck here (I assume Canadian by the name) makes a great point, but should not dismiss 10.1 so readily. On the titles I have experienced with it (In the switch from Xp to windows7) 10.1 is a pretty powerful subset. Though the support for 10.1 is limited, where you find it, the FPS and fluidity gains are undeniable (like HAWX).


Hey! How's it goin eh? Yeah I'm a Canuck. I agree that the 10.1 has some nice things (that I almost never use on my HD 4870) but there's no way it makes up for the differences in Far Cry 2. The 9800 GT delivers a 57% increase in performance for a cost increase of 17% and the 9600 GT costs LESS than the card being reviewed here. Keep in mind that in this review from Guru3d, the GT 240 is an MSI GT 240 OC! It's OVERCLOCKED and it's still getting beat by the 9600 GT and 9800 GT. DX10.1 still doesn't make up for that. I could say that PhysX makes up for DX10.1. Either way, the 9600 and 9800 are better buys (and I HATE nVidia)! :sol: 
a c 156 U Graphics card
March 14, 2010 1:31:06 AM

4745454b said:
Here's my link.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tom...

I suggest either drugs or therapy for your attitude problem, good day sir.


False manners a gentleman do not make. Don't try to be dishonest by showing me links to OVERCLOCKED GT 240's and then pretend to be a gentleman. Those cards that you show are going to be in the 9800 GTs price range. Thanks for playing but the asker in this thread needs an apples to apples comparo. If he wants to pay that much he should just get the 9800 GT. :sol: 

Legionhardware over Guru3D indeed! You may as well take ATi advice from nVidia.
!