Sign in with
Your question

Best Graphics Card for P5KPL-AM

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 8:09:12 AM

What is the best Graphics Card for ASUS P5KPL-AM to play Microsoft Flight Simulator X?
Waiting for a reply.................!

Here are my SPECS:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz
Memory (RAM): 3GB
Integrated Graphics: 286MB Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Hard Drive: 160GB SATA 7200RPM

More about : graphics card p5kpl

a c 87 U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 8:20:16 AM

you should really get a quadcore cpu, because FSX really loves extra cores..(and OC it). It isn't as demanding on the graphics card though, so you dont need the most expensive card out there, something like 4800 series or 5700 series should work just fine.
m
l
March 13, 2010 8:22:14 AM

Ouch. Your processor hurts your gameplay really bad.

Not to mention you're also using Onboard graphics. Change that now.

Upgrade your processor and your video card.

For optimum performance in Flight Simulator X, you'd need at least a Radeon 5770 along with a Q9400 processor. (Because MFSX likes Quad Cores better than a good video card.)

PS. We have the same motherboard. :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 9:18:25 AM

I have read that FSX mainly scales will CPU cores and speed, ignoring the GPU to the point of needing a fast quadcore to keep it steady regardless of the rest of your specs. This is not to say that your IGP won't be a bottleneck (because it will) but without a fast quadcore, you might as well stay with the IGP, because a new videocard won't make things all that much better.
m
l
March 13, 2010 9:18:34 AM

You could upgrade the CPU to an E8400 dual core. Still a capable performer. And overclocks nicely. I have mine up to 3.8 ghz.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2010 4:21:25 PM

Hey Abdho50,

While some of the above suggestions are good ones, you are probably not looking for a full system upgrade.. While your processor may limit the full potential of the game, getting a graphic card as you suggested will offer some improvement.

Please tell us what kind of power supply is in your computer?
Also, what kind of budget do you have available for this upgrade?
Finally, do you have time/interest in learning how to overclocking your processor?
m
l
!