Core i7? core i5? core i3? core i? core? core wtf?

What do we call them collectively?

• Core 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Core i

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Core i7

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Core i#

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Core 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Core WTF

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Haha. I just realized that now the "Apples" have "Cores"

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
So the old generation was referred to as core.
Then came core 2. The Pentium dual cores were core 2 based. So they were all core 2.

Then comes core i7. and i5. and i3. and pentium. So wtf do we call all of those collectively? Core i?

I made this a poll and put in everything I could think of. Just post what you would call them. Or if you have and more definitive information, please post it.

OR am I mistaken and they are actually members of the core 2 family on a new socket?

I call them core i's sense the "nehalem" arch is different from the core 2's "core" arch.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Yes, I would call them core What The Fudge, because who doesn't like fudge?

Isn't nehalem more like an offspring of core 2 since they just integrated the memory controller and combined cores? The Qpi is basically the new name for the FSB(it just doesn't control the memory bandwidth or the core traffic), right?
I guess this is how the processors always evolve, just a few changes from the older generation.

Ieee Ya yaiiii

( wow.. that looks horrible... Trying to write that exasperated expression that sounds like "Aye Aye Aye"... Verbal joke that doesn't translate into writing.)

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Did I hear fudge?

Yeah... I call them nehalynndales. I think 'Core i' might be what intel was going for. However I think 'Core WTF' fits much better. :)