r_manic

Administrator
Currently I'm testing out a desktop with a ThermalTake Element V case. Now I never loved carrying that thing around, because it's extremely heavy. Does this apply to full ATX cases in general? Or is there a gem in the rough that offers that same roominess in a much much lighter frame? :D This is my first time with a full ATX case, and I must say the size and weight isn't lan party friendly!

tecmo34

Administrator

I feel your pain... My Antec 1200 case isn't LAN party friendly. I would say it is cross the board with Full Size ATX cases (big and heavy).

If you are looking for a big case but not quite as heavy, I would look at either the Cooler Master HAF 922 or Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced. These cases are big but not as heavy as a Full Size ATX case.

niklas_13 provide what many would say is the best Full Size ATX case but it will be heavy. :D

jschaeper

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Another idea is the Cooler Master Scout. Its not a full tower (if thats what you mean by full size ATX) but it does fit ATX motherboards and it has a really convenient handle for lugging it around. I think it looks weird but it sure is convenient.

Err i would say really depends on budget

Budget/mATX
Cooler Master 341
Rosewill R102-P-BK

Budget/ATX
NZXT Beta EVO
Antec 200/300

most here just shout the obvious/highest priced options with little to no experience actual on the ground building over a range of hardware/price points...

And others cant see the topic best full ATX case :kaola:

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Unfortunately even the Lian-Li's and Silverstones which are aluminum chassis full towers are heavy. Just the nature of the beast when it comes large desktops.

Antec will be releasing a a freeform tower in the near future called the Lanboy Air. Not positive if it's full tower though, might look into it as it appears to be quite light.