SSD Index score only 6.0??

kennyizag

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
I have a M4 Crucial 64GB SSD which I used SRT to cache my 465GB HDD, the boot-up times and program starts up are incredibly fast, but my Windows Experience Index for the Primary hard disk is only 6.0. Many users who have used the M4 have reported to having a 7.9 on the scores. Can I get some help on this?

Solution

you would get barely any benefit. just clone your windows to the ssd and put any heavily used programs on the ssd. its big enough.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

your hard drive score is the score of the drive that windows is installed on. if you have the ssd as a cache drive then that barely will help you on your hard drive score. (it does cause max HDD score is 5.9)

cbrunnem

Distinguished

you would get barely any benefit. just clone your windows to the ssd and put any heavily used programs on the ssd. its big enough.

Solution

geogolem

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2012
If its a 64GB SSD, leave it as a cache - this way you don't have to fool around with fitting in apps and running out of space. WEI isn't that great of an indicator with the cache because the Intel SRT attempts to intelligently cache data you access frequently. WEI is probably not using such data.

If you have a 120GB SSD or larger then you should use the SSD as a boot drive!

cbrunnem

Distinguished

hed get a better benefit if he made it his main drive.

i have a 240 gb drive but i am under 60 gb used right now and i have bf3 and 3ds max on it. both huge programs.