Sign in with
Your question

I can not install java on my Windows XP

Last response: in Windows XP
December 10, 2012 12:43:54 PM

Hello,
I can not install the latest java on my windows xp. I have uninstalled all version of java. Then I have gone to the java site to manually install. It starts to install, gets about 1/2 way done, then stops and just hangs there. I have even left it running over night. Then if I go and try and install again. I get a message that the installation is still happening (even after 7 hours). I then have to reboot the system. The program shows in the add/remove program area, but the Java website can not find java on my computer. I have uninstalled all versions but can not reinstall a new version. I have tried this manually from the java site at least 10 times.

More about : install java windows

December 10, 2012 2:17:47 PM

I have had numerous problems with Java, but mostly with Windows 7.
If you read all the warnings and documentation around the download on sun's website, it says you might need to turn your firewall off (what!-[really!!]).

Look for a stand-alone, or "full" installer that you can download to your desktop, unhook the internet connection (turn the modem off), turn the firewall off, then install the java download is what they are inferring....but, I still couldn't get it to install correctly, without my system becoming unstable, for some reason.

I had to abandon Java.
m
l
Related resources
December 10, 2012 2:43:34 PM

electronian said:
I have had numerous problems with Java, but mostly with Windows 7.
If you read all the warnings and documentation around the download on sun's website, it says you might need to turn your firewall off (what!-[really!!]).

Look for a stand-alone, or "full" installer that you can download to your desktop, unhook the internet connection (turn the modem off), turn the firewall off, then install the java download is what they are inferring....but, I still couldn't get it to install correctly, without my system becoming unstable, for some reason.

I had to abandon Java.

I have not tried to install the stand-alone with the modem turned off. I will try that.

Without Java, how can my son play minecraft on the computer. Right now when I go to minecraft it says we need to install the plug ins. When we click to install it starts the java install.
m
l
!