Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

System Upgrade Opinion

Last response: in Systems
Share

Upgrade or not?

Total: 2 votes (1 blank vote)

  • It is worth it.
  • 0 %
  • Don't do it.
  • 100 %
March 30, 2010 2:20:42 AM

Right now i have a i7 975EE cpu and 3X 4890's in a full watercooled system. Commits on is worth upgrading to a i7 980X and 2X 5870's. Why or why not? Let me know what you think. Thanks :bounce: 

More about : system upgrade opinion

a b B Homebuilt system
March 30, 2010 2:29:05 AM

I would hold off on the 6 core CPU to you need one and just get a HD 5970 and xfire latter if you like
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 159 à CPUs
March 30, 2010 2:54:18 AM

Don't do it, and send me the money that you don't know in what spend.
Related resources
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
a c 172 à CPUs
March 30, 2010 2:54:35 AM

What do you need to do that, right now, you cannot? Or are you upgrading just because you can?

Nothing wrong with that, mind you, as long as you are being honest with yourself.
March 30, 2010 3:19:29 AM

Niklas_13 said:
I would hold off on the 6 core CPU to you need one and just get a HD 5970 and xfire latter if you like


I've been watching for the 5970's but there is none to be found. Has anyone seen any for sale lately?

saint19 said:
Don't do it, and send me the money that you don't know in what spend.


LOL, Not really the money just got that itch.

jsc said:
What do you need to do that, right now, you cannot? Or are you upgrading just because you can?

Nothing wrong with that, mind you, as long as you are being honest with yourself.


More because i have an itch to do more with my system. Started the build around july last year and just want to stay ahead.
Being honest with myself?

I do alot of video editing and encoding and some photo work.
I had ordered a new mip's ram cooler that is being plated by RRTech and the cpu / chipset block are already plated. Is it worth spending more on the 4890's and have the waterblocks plated to match? (3X 4890's = $250.00 plated)

Thanks again, Kristy :) 
!