Sign in with
Your question

Monitor distance from computer

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 13, 2010 10:35:55 AM

I have 2 monitors connected to my PC with HVI cables which are 15m long. The monitor images (pics, spreadsheets, word docs) all seem to be somewhat washed out. Adjusting the resolution on the monitors does very little to help correct this. I suspect it may have something to do with signal strenghth. Am I on the right track with this thinking? If so, what is a solution?

Thankjs.
March 13, 2010 12:09:18 PM

Um, tell me do you really need the 15m cable. As a general rule of cavles anything that long is bound to get signal loss. Otherwise list you pc specs.
m
l
March 13, 2010 7:40:20 PM

mister g said:
Um, tell me do you really need the 15m cable. As a general rule of cavles anything that long is bound to get signal loss. Otherwise list you pc specs.

Unless I change the location of my monitors, I do need about 18 feet....Acutally, can see now that I entered the wrong length because it is not 15m....sorry bout that. I have a cradnenza in back of my which houses the cpu and the monitors are on the desk...I sit with my back to the cradenza. Are there any simple ways of enhancing the the quality of the image on my monitor?

Thanks in advance for a reply.
m
l
Related resources
March 13, 2010 8:09:12 PM

Not really, can you list your PC specs or place the PC a little closer?
m
l
March 13, 2010 8:40:03 PM

How come the monitors are 15ft away from the PC? thats a long distance compared to the standard 1.5m cable lengths used by so many of us at home.

Heres what you could try doing, get a shorter pair of wires and use them with the PC, with this new setup see if you notice any differences (better imaging/colors). If they ARE indeed better, than its the length of the wires thats the problem.
m
l
March 15, 2010 10:12:14 AM

Lutfij said:
How come the monitors are 15ft away from the PC? thats a long distance compared to the standard 1.5m cable lengths used by so many of us at home.

Heres what you could try doing, get a shorter pair of wires and use them with the PC, with this new setup see if you notice any differences (better imaging/colors). If they ARE indeed better, than its the length of the wires thats the problem.

Ok, thanks.
m
l
!