My computer cuts display randomly

I originally built my computer in August and since I have had multiple instances of my computer losing display. I am not sure what is causing this. Any help troubleshooting this would be very appreciated. When it stops displaying it also required a hard reboot.

System Specs
p9x79 pro (3102 BIOS Version)
8gb 1600mhz
i7 3820
Corsair HX Professional 850 Watt
XFX 7950 Factory Overclocked

This happens when I try to run windows experience index, and multiple games such as Crysis and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead etc. The weird thing is some games run fine like bf3 and shogun 2.
5 answers Last reply
More about computer cuts display randomly
  1. Could it be my monitor overheating? Also my gpu temps are normal 60C and below
  2. try running hardware monitor see if it a power issue with the power supply. run cpu-z see that the mb set your ram speed and timing right. the ram rated speed is under the spd tab.
  3. my ram is running at the right timings I have xmp enabled.
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1841/50153332.jpg

That is a screenshot to my hardware monitor screen. I do not really know what to look for with the voltages.
  4. want look at the cpu temps that were cut off. that there sitting in the 30-40c temp at idle. may want to try msi afterburner to turn up the gpu fan speed..keep it from over heating.
  5. Its not overheating though
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computers Overclocking Displays