Graphics Card cooler

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Hey guys,

I have a reference GTX 670 from Zotac (with a 680 PCB). I would like to get myself an aftermarket cooler as the stock cooler that comes with it is very loud post 60% fan speed. Even at 70% fan speed the temps rise to 66 degrees. I would like to overclock this card with an aftermarket cooler.

Which one of these should I get?

1. Accelero twin turbo II
2. Gelid Icy Vision Rev 2.

They are both triple slot coolers and I would like to get the best of these. I am scared to get the accelero because it could bend my GPU PCB. Any thoughts. My 670 has a 680 PCB (like the FTW editions).

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
i personally own an arctic accelero twin turbo 2 and my 7850, which is overclocked to 1200mhz, only hits 50oC after an hour of gaming
my ambient temperature is also 28oC
tl;dr the arctic accelero is AMAZING

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010

But I am just scared if the PCB would bend?

@Lord Tumnas
Does your card's PCB bend after installing that cooler.

And one more thing, after I decide to get the aftermarket cooler, can I unlock by 670 bios to allow 1.2 volts. The bios has been posted on the OCN threads. Is it safe. I am asking this question because even my card had 1.75 volts earlier but after installing the beta drivers, the volts have now been reduced to max 1.150 and as per nvidia's statement, they are blocking this feature of overvolting the cards to avoid burning of cards.

So is it safe to run an unlocked bios with an aftermarket cooler?

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
you could flash the bios if you like, however if your card doesnt have a bios switch, i would not recommend it, as you could create an expensive paper weight (i.e. 'brick' your card)
i havent noticed any bending of the PCB at all, the cooler is not exceptionally heavy.

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010

Hmm. Would I be able to SLI with these coolers? I would be adding another 670 in SLI. So as these are triple slot coolers, will it be fine? Let me know your thoughts.