Sign in with
Your question

New to OCing any tips would be GREATLY appreciated

Tags:
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 13, 2013 4:54:33 AM

Hi, first off thanks for just viewing this thread:D  Ive never Overclocked anything but a nook color (lol so easy) But I'm really interested in possibly overclocking my cpu and maybe gpu. First things first I have a I5-3570K cpu with an AsRock Z77 Pro3 MB. It has 8 gigs of ram and a xfx radeon 7850 gpu. I have a xfx pro450w psu which is all in a crappy rosewill blackbone case. I have no extra fans and I realize i might have to get a new psu if I want to OC. Is there anything I can do to boost my system somewhat safely without risking screwin it up? If so can anyone recommend programs/sites I will need to get and learn? Any information I will gladly take:D 

More about : ocing tips greatly appreciated

a c 126 K Overclocking
February 13, 2013 7:06:56 AM

Hi, overclocking Ivy Bridge is really simple, here's a quick guide to get you started: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705...

However I'd recommend you manually input the stock voltage of your CPU in the BIOS and do not exceed this.
I don't think you should increase the voltage from stock with the PSU you have.

To make sure an overclock is stable many people use Prime95
And to monitor temps a good program is Hardware Monitor.

Try not to exceed 75C under maximum load, and like I said before I would recommend staying at stock voltage because of the PSU you have.
m
l
!