Noob question - OC Software

Sixsixx

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
So I recently upgraded from an old Intel 920 to an Intel i7-3770k, when I got serious about my gaming, but I want MOAR out of my CPU, so of course, I turned to overclocking.

I upgraded pretty much everything in my computer, and so, as an OC newb, I bought a shitty, dirt-cheap motherboard (Gigabyte B75M-D3H).

A couple of days ago I went into the BIOS and attempted to change my multipliers to say 41, but they're locked in the BIOS, I can't change them no matter how hard I try. So, I came on here and asked what the issue was, and was told that it was my motherboard, that it didn't support much overclocking.

So. I'm in a bit of a quandary. Do I upgrade to a Z77 Motherboard? (Looking at the Z77 Extreme4), or do I use software to OC instead?

I'm not sure if software can succeed where my BIOS failed, I've already tried the Gigabyte OC software, EasyTune6, but I can't raise my multipliers above 37. Hmm.

Is there any software out there that you guys would recommend?

Just to summarize, these are the parts involved:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3H

Thanks guys,
- Ryan

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
a better mobo will grants you a greater and more stable overclock as software only change the baseclock and the fastest that i've seen is 105 from 100 so it'll give you only a 3675mhz or 4095 in boost when you can easily achieve 4.5-4.6 on a z77 and get up to about 5 if you have a good cpu cooler...

EzioAs

Distinguished
Get a Z77 or Z75 (preferably Z77) motherboard for overclocking. The B75 and H77 chipset does not allow you to raise the multiplier any higher. Your only option is to raise the base clock and that is not recommendable.

For overclocking, I think most of us prefer using the BIOS as it's a lot safer that way.

shenoyjoseph

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

we can able to overclock on Gigabyte b75 motherboard
overclock_zps21d37e3b.jpg.html