kdotyounging

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
So I just completely reinstalled the OS on my Dell desktop. I didn't use a backup because all of my space on my computer was being occupied by who knows what. I literally only had like 750MB left of space. I decided this was the best option because I would remove programs but that did nothing. ( I'm sure there was an easier way, but I'm not that great with computers ). So basically I used the CD and completely restored. I managed to get the internet back on by using a usb with my linksys rangeplus application on it. So I'm currently typing from this computer. But the screen is way to big. This page barely fits onto the screen. I know it has something to do with my graphics driver but everytime i do a right click on the desktop -> properties -> settings -> (all i get here is screen resolution 640x480 pixels and the colors on medium). Then i do an advanced -> adapter -> properties -> and this comes up with some VGA save thing. It says the driver is working properly. I then go back to the advanced section and hit the monitor tab -> i can't even click on properties for this one.

Also there is no sound on this computer yet, I know I need the sound drivers, but I have no clue on how to do that, and I don't want to screw anything up.

Thank you for the responses in advance.

kdotyounging

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
UPDATE: I just fixed the whole screen issue, now the only trouble i'm having is the sound. Not sure which sound chip or whatever I'm supposed to install, might just try all of them that the Dell website offers.

kdotyounging

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
another update: just solved this on my own, extremely easy, i feel really stupid for asking. I think I just needed to write it down to know what I needed to do, either way, this is SOLVED.