Sign in with
Your question

Could this problem be Ethernet port on the motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
December 4, 2010 4:24:27 PM

i am running a asus M4A78LT-M LE Socket AM3 AMD 780L mATX motherboard (only had it 3 weeks) linksys wireless router with wifes pc and mine both hardwired to the router.

problem is that my internet connection once to 3-times a day keeps going off for no reason and the wifes internet is ok and stops on been like this for last week or so ,only time i can get back on his by rebooting my pc now i changed the Ethernet cables about 2-3 times and it still happens for some reason my internet don't work but the wifes does , i powered off the modem and the router few times and still the same reset router as well a few times and still knocks off 1-3 times a day.

now could this be a the Ethernet port on the motherboard where my cable goes to back of pc this is only thing i can think of that its not working right .

or is it something else appreciated any answers ty .
a c 717 V Motherboard
December 4, 2010 5:01:09 PM

If you have a Static IP within the DHCP range then you can easily have this problem.

Q - Is anything static IP {Network Printer, Phone, etc}?

If yes then refer to the following example:
DHCP 192.168.1.2~192.168.1.100
Static 192.168.1.101~192.168.1.255
m
l
December 4, 2010 9:13:05 PM

no i am with comcast and i think thats dynamic IP address

and no i got nothing else on the router only 2 hard wire pcs mine and the wifes

since did this post it had done it agion today had to reboot pc :( 
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
December 4, 2010 11:25:01 PM

The rule-out a corrupt NIC registry; open the Device Manager expand the [+] Network adapters, right-click and select Uninstall then reboot. If that fails go to ASUS's website and D/L the most up to date NIC drive and reinstall.
m
l
!