Sign in with
Your question

Having a difficulty finding a cooling system for my pc...

Last response: in Overclocking
February 13, 2013 6:56:27 PM

hi! I'm planning to buy a cpu cooler...i'm confused as to what brand i should buy...the one's who are available in our region are these...
these are the air cooling CoolerMaster Hyper612, Thermaltake SpinQ VT, Thermaltake FRIO Advanced, Thermaltake Frio OCK, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO..
they offer liquid cooling also and these two are the only available Antec Kuhler H20 620 Liquid Cooling, THERMALTAKE WATER 2.0 PERFORMER...
which of these should i buy which will give the best results for my pc?

my specs are:
intel core i5 3470
Asus P8B75-M LE mobo
1tb hitachi hdd
2x4gb 1333mhz kingston
4xantec tricool led fan
1gb gtx 550ti
thermaltake v3 black chassis
500w silverstone st50f-es

oh btw..i need something that will also fit with my chassis...
a b K Overclocking
February 13, 2013 7:13:52 PM

Just wondering - why buy a CPU cooler for a CPU that is locked and can't overclock (significantly)?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 13, 2013 7:55:50 PM

the hyper 212 evo, and the reason is quieter and better cooling than stock cooler
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
February 13, 2013 8:26:20 PM

The stock cooler really is ineffective at cooling and can get pretty load. Since you can't overclock I'd say to just get the cheapest as all of them will fit and temps will be way below safe. But the hyper 612 or 212 are quieter than the others.
m
l
February 13, 2013 9:06:33 PM

J_E_D_70 said:
Just wondering - why buy a CPU cooler for a CPU that is locked and can't overclock (significantly)?

it's because i live in the philippines and it sometimes get too hot in the afternoon..i'm worried that my pc might overheat due to the weather...and it's because i always use it for almost 20hours a day..if i use the normal cooler of my cpu would that be enough?that's why i wanted to atleast buy a good cpu cooler to remove a huge amount of heat whenever the weather get's too hot...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 13, 2013 10:03:58 PM

Yikes. You win!

20 hours a day? That's an entirely different discussion.
m
l
February 14, 2013 10:53:14 PM

As much as I hate to reccomend it the Rosewill AIOLOS will work.

Crappy cooling, but it's insanely quiet and the cooling at least works.

Alternatively the Hyper Evo 212 or Hyper+ is a great choice.
m
l
!