High hz video cards

keester

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Hello,
i have a 61 inch samsung dlp hooked up to media machine i built. inside i have the NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX 512 card. i watch a lot of dvds and do dvd to divix conversions and watch off of hard drive. but at that size of a screen it loses color and picture quality. would a video card with a higher refresh rate make a difference?

keester

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
at present 1024 x 768. comp apps and desktop look great. just movies. some look good. some look faded almost. figured it was lack of 1080 p or i on the dvds i am ripping to harddrive. or watching through rom.

keester

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010

at present 1024 x 768. comp apps and desktop look great. just movies. some look good. some look faded almost. figured it was lack of 1080 p or i on the dvds i am ripping to harddrive. or watching through rom.

donpacific2k

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
First of all set your display mode on the PC to a standard HDTV resolution (1920x1080 or 1280x720) in the Nvidia control panel... it should have the HDTV resolution presets built in. You should also adjust the color settings when you're in there which should solve all your problems. Let the software set the refresh rate so you don't damage your tv. Also you do realize that the nature of divx (and basically most other video encoding schemes) reduces the chroma components of a video since people generally don't miss it. Although unlikely, it could be bad settings in the encoder. Honestly though, it's much more likely you just need to fix your desktop and color settings in the Nvidia control panel.