SATA III

Gigabyte x58a UDR3 mobo
Kingston HyperX 6 g ram 1600
i7 920 running at stock
WD Green 800gig SATA III w/ 64mb cache (just swapped in, was running a 360 gb sata II with 8 mb cache)
Corsair p55 cooler system
Sapphyre radeon 5600 series

I know Bilbat says "Even the Marvell SATA3 is no match for the venerable Intel ICH series: some benchmarks..."
Only problem is that the ICH drivers are SATA II not SATA III drivers so why would you want to SATA III HD's in SATA II SATA ports?

I checked back through the last 5 pages and didn't see a question similar so I thought I would start a new thread, by all means if there is a link to a resolution for this please educate me with the link to the resolved thread.

I'm am a pretty experience computer user but I'm at my wits end on SATA III drivers for my mobo. I can't find the Marvel 9128 drivers anywhere on the CD or on the GB website. Is there supposed to be a Marvel driver that you install and run from My devices or are you supposed to install it before loading Win 7 like with the SATA II

In the book which is supposed to give Win7 support it only describes installing in xp and vista and only for 32 bit drivers.
When I tried to install the SATA III i looked for the drivers on the cd like I did when I installed the SATA II HD I used to have and I couldn't find any Marvel DRiver for the 9128 all I could find was the stupid Marvel Console which was absolutely worthless.

I haven't seen any similar questions to this anywhere.
Can anyone help me by any chance?
1 answer Last reply
More about sata
  1. Not sure what your question is lol.

If you loaded all the drivers on the CD that came with the mobo, and connected the WD to a correct SATA 3 port on the mobo . . . exactly what problem are you haveing?
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets SATA Drivers Western Digital Motherboards