1. I already have a dvd rw in my laptop and honestly I never use it, which is why I'm asking
2. I'm getting a monitor and some speakers which is why I'm not going over the 5870
3. Does that HDD have the 500 gb platters?
Yes FEAX uses 500GB platters. Altho I would go for the cheaper drive as the price difference, I doubt is reflected in the performance difference.
I'd probably go for this one XFX 5870 Altho while you are looking consider the fan size, if possible get one with as large a fan as possible without paying too much extra for it.
I think you should wait to buy a BR drive, especially if you don't need one right away.
I also think that you should go for less expensive RAM.
I've got most of the build down now.
I'm still trying to decide if the $25 difference between the Seagate and WD is worth it.
I've kinda fallen for a different cooler:
CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series CWCH50-1 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler - Retail http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
How's the price/performance of this vs. the 212?
Probably even better at cooling than the 212, but I've heard that the noise of the pump is not very tolerable in a case like the HAF. And you still have to have the noise from the fan attached to the radiator.
Not much really, except that it is probably one of the better air coolers. And that tall heatspreaders on RAM would have some clearance problems. It makes sense to me that if you mounted two fans on it, then it could be a lot slower to achieve the same amount of cooling as a much faster single fan.
One of my favourite coolers is the Scythe Mugen 2.
And here is a good roundup of heatsinks. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/lga-1156-heatsink,review-...
I like the lower voltage on that set. So you would have more headroom to overclock the RAM. And the tight timings mean that the speed difference between it and a 1600mhz CAS 7 set would be minimal.
1. Thanks. From what I can see the Venomous and the D14 are pretty similar, which is pretty good as I can't get the Venomous here in Denmark yet.
2. Thanks. At first I wanted a 24", but recently I've been thinking that I could live with a 23"