Possible dead battery, acer travelmate 225x

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
September 9, 2004 3:10:28 PM

Is there a way to test if a battery has 'died'? My acer will not run on
battery for long, even with the 'power meter' showing 100%. I think that
using it with AC and the batt connected may have killed it.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 9, 2004 3:10:29 PM

"Thomas Edwards" <tom@yplasaber.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is there a way to test if a battery has 'died'? My acer will not run
> on
> battery for long, even with the 'power meter' showing 100%. I think
> that
> using it with AC and the batt connected may have killed it.

No matter if you keep the battery in a freezer, the lifetime of a
lithium ion battery is about three years.