Hooking my pc up to CRT television

Solution
what are you going to be doing with it? is it going to be used as a 2nd monitor or are you planning to be using it as your primary monitor?

if you are planning on doing anything but watching videos on it, then i'd strongly suggest you reconsider. the resolution of older CRT sets is horrible, and if you go more than 1 minute looking at text on your screen without getting a throbbing headache, i'd be very surprised.

pinaplex

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
what are you going to be doing with it? is it going to be used as a 2nd monitor or are you planning to be using it as your primary monitor?

if you are planning on doing anything but watching videos on it, then i'd strongly suggest you reconsider. the resolution of older CRT sets is horrible, and if you go more than 1 minute looking at text on your screen without getting a throbbing headache, i'd be very surprised.

Solution

fpoama

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
If your video card can do S-video Out than that cable would work. Just plug S-video in and the 3.5mm into headphone jack and the RCA going to the TV. But like pinaplex said, if it is an old CRT TV it probably won't look the best.