Which SSD to choose?

Hey,

So I am planning to upgrade my PC, and I'm looking to buy a SSD. Planning to buy a ~120GB, around 150€. Been looking around and I think the Samsung 830 Series is the best buy, but I want to be sure.

This is where I buy my stuff : http://www.tones.be/producten/ssd

So.. It's mostly for gaming and normal desktop use, is the Samsung 830 Series the right choice? And the installation, is it the same as a normal HDD?

Thanks in advance.
7 answers Last reply
More about which choose
  1. Follow THG SSD Review here.

Samsung are good, but I have Intel 520 180GB. It's a matter of choice.

I haven't had any problems with the Sandforce 2281 controllers. And the whole "compressible vs. incompressible data" issue doesn't bother me.

I've had 2xOCZ Vertex 3 60GB in RAID 0, and decided to go without RAID. No regrets!
  2. foscooter said:
    Follow THG SSD Review here.

Samsung are good, but I have Intel 520 180GB. It's a matter of choice.

I haven't had any problems with the Sandforce 2281 controllers. And the whole "compressible vs. incompressible data" issue doesn't bother me.

I've had 2xOCZ Vertex 3 60GB in RAID 0, and decided to go without RAID. No regrets!

From what I understand there's not much difference to the user if you're not hardcore into this stuff. I will be using it just for gaming and regular use, so upgrading from a HDD to an SSD will give all the 'wow' effect I need probaly. Guess I'll go with the Samsung 830 Series then as it seems to be one of the better for a good price.
  3. Samsung 830 is faster than the intel 330 120GB because samsung use the toggle mode.

But for the price per GB memory i will go for the intel 330.
  4. Intel is second to none for reliability
  5. cin19 said:
    Samsung 830 is faster than the intel 330 120GB because samsung use the toggle mode.

But for the price per GB memory i will go for the intel 330.

I'm willing to spend 150€, the Intel is only 10€ cheaper than the Samsung, and if the Samsung is faster etc, then I'll gladly spend that extra 10€. :D
  6. apache_lives said:
    Intel is second to none for reliability

Samsung's reliability is great too from what I've read.
  7. Yes, both are very good SSD, if you are willing to get the samsung just do it. You will be very happy to get it after put it into your PC.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Samsung Storage