Eskapee

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
Hey,

So I am planning to upgrade my PC, and I'm looking to buy a SSD. Planning to buy a ~120GB, around 150€. Been looking around and I think the Samsung 830 Series is the best buy, but I want to be sure.

This is where I buy my stuff : http://www.tones.be/producten/ssd

So.. It's mostly for gaming and normal desktop use, is the Samsung 830 Series the right choice? And the installation, is it the same as a normal HDD?

Thanks in advance.

Follow THG SSD Review here.

Samsung are good, but I have Intel 520 180GB. It's a matter of choice.

I haven't had any problems with the Sandforce 2281 controllers. And the whole "compressible vs. incompressible data" issue doesn't bother me.

I've had 2xOCZ Vertex 3 60GB in RAID 0, and decided to go without RAID. No regrets!

Eskapee

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010

From what I understand there's not much difference to the user if you're not hardcore into this stuff. I will be using it just for gaming and regular use, so upgrading from a HDD to an SSD will give all the 'wow' effect I need probaly. Guess I'll go with the Samsung 830 Series then as it seems to be one of the better for a good price.

Eskapee

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010

I'm willing to spend 150€, the Intel is only 10€ cheaper than the Samsung, and if the Samsung is faster etc, then I'll gladly spend that extra 10€. :D

Eskapee

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010

Samsung's reliability is great too from what I've read.

TRENDING THREADS