Sign in with
Your question

Need help understanding water cooling

Last response: in Overclocking
February 14, 2013 7:44:41 AM

Hello everyone

So I'm building a new rig and whatever, and I've been reading a lot around water cooling and I've found out everything about it, minus two things:

1) Where do you place the reservoir? Is there a specific place or is it just anywhere where it'll fit? (Bear in mind that I want every water cooling component to be internal). I'm thinking of putting it in the front bottom of the case, so sort of where the hard drive bays are?

2) This is what I'm most confused about. Where am I putting the radiator/s? My general logic is telling me to mount on the back vertical part of the case so it can expel air that way? Also, even though I have the watercooling do I still need to run normal fans for airflow? And what if the air can't be expelled due to the radiators being in the way? XD

Sorry, I'm new to the website and completely new to water cooling, so I apologize :)  is there any page somewhere that explains the rankings and how to gain points and how you lose them etc? I've been looking around but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks guys :) 

More about : understanding water cooling

February 14, 2013 7:48:57 AM

I'm sorry, I realized that I posted this same text twice, my computer said that the site was unavailable after my first attempt so I tried again, not realizing that it was successfully posted :)  apologies
m
l
February 14, 2013 7:49:18 AM

I'm sorry, I realized that I posted this same text twice, my computer said that the site was unavailable after my first attempt so I tried again, not realizing that it was successfully posted :)  apologies
m
l
!