When I hit power button, screen goes black PLS HELP

Prideless

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I am seriously at my limit spent 3 days I still cant figure it out, done probably 100 reboots.

Contacted ASUS Support they are useless still in contact with them in troubleshooting this matter.

This is my issue.

When I hit the Power Button my screen goes black, before a bios revision it would just reboot my computer.

YES I have set Power Options, Power Button to shut down computer.

I noticed I am missing a Sleep Button Action as its not in my menus. Maybe this could be a leading reason why this is happening? Anyone know how to get this option to show up?

I have used another computer cases front panel and same issue occurs so it cannot be my front panel.

I have a gut feeling the OS ACPI is completely being ignored when it comes to what the Power Button should do, if I set it to Sleep/Hibernate/Shut Down SAME thing still occurs.

I have got the Power Button to work successfully maybe 8 times out of the 100. It actually Logged off, Saved Settings and Turned of Computer as what I am trying to get it to do.

I have reinstalled the ACPI driver from ASUS but nothing changed. Have the lastest BIOS Revision as well. I have removed battery and cleared CMOS as well. Also loaded default BIOS settings.

My System:
HAF 922
Phenom II 955
M4A79XTD EVO AM3
G Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
750GB WD Black Cavier
1TB Green Cavier
320GB Cavier
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Maybe can use ACPI I think dont know if it can conflict?)

Weird thing, guy at ASUS told me to set it to "S1 Only" in BIOS and it actually worked twice, third time I hit the power button it went back to same behavior.

I noticed my chances are higher for it to turn off properly when the power options advanced settings window is open for some reason...

I hope someone knows how to fix this.

Thanks In Advance.

TRENDING THREADS