ike

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003

I am running XP SP 2 and v1.37 of Thief Gold and have installed the
nVidia patch to prevent the black screen 3D bug. I have also tried
setting Thief.exe compatibility mode to Win NT SP 4. However, the game
freezes after a few seconds of game play and the only remedy is to
reboot. I do not have this problem with Thief or Thief II ( have not
tried since updating to SP 2). Any suggestions?

Ike wrote:
> I am running XP SP 2 and v1.37 of Thief Gold and have installed the
> nVidia patch to prevent the black screen 3D bug. I have also tried
> setting Thief.exe compatibility mode to Win NT SP 4. However, the game
> freezes after a few seconds of game play and the only remedy is to
> reboot. I do not have this problem with Thief or Thief II ( have not
> tried since updating to SP 2). Any suggestions?

Important information is missing: did Gold ever worked? What did you
change since the last time it worked? The patch? or SP2?

If you haven't run Gold before, ... you're not on a hyperthreaded
system? If you are, you probably need to tweak CPU affinity.

--
Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath

ike

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:56:30 GMT Anders Thulin
<ath_no_spam_please@algonet.se> wrote :

>you probably need to tweak CPU affinity.

Bingo! That was it. Thanks!

How do you "tweak CPU affinity"?
I have the same problem as Ike did.
Thanks