Firmware out for Canon Pro 1

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 4, 2004 3:10:02 AM

Not surprised that Canon had to update this model. I read that the primary
benefits from this upgrade are much improved AF speed, and improved zoom
ring reaponse. When I tried this model a few months ago, I simply could not
believe the incredibly poor response from AF and zooming. So much so that
they were fatal flaws and ruined an otherwise nice unit.

"Marcel" <cosmar@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/pspro1/firmware-e.html
>
> Marcel

December 26, 2004 12:12:10 PM

Ive tried to get the nerve to upload this update but keep getting cold
feet ! I know if i goof ,ill be 2 months before a repair center looks
at it .Is it that hard to do ? Im pretty good at using the computer
....BUT..still nervous.
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 3:08:03 PM

In article <1104081130.124772.277540@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"Maxx1676" <rmccann124052@comcast.net> wrote:

> Ive tried to get the nerve to upload this update but keep getting cold
> feet ! I know if i goof ,ill be 2 months before a repair center looks
> at it .Is it that hard to do ? Im pretty good at using the computer
> ...BUT..still nervous.

Just DO IT! :)

The same day as I brought home my first digital camera a little over two weeks
ago, I downloaded the firmware update and installed on my new 20D. It worked
like a charm. (Mac OSX, et al)

:)
JR
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 11:10:03 PM

On 12/26/04 11:12 AM, in article
1104081130.124772.277540@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Maxx1676"
<rmccann124052@comcast.net> wrote:

> Ive tried to get the nerve to upload this update but keep getting cold
> feet ! I know if i goof ,ill be 2 months before a repair center looks
> at it .Is it that hard to do ? Im pretty good at using the computer
> ...BUT..still nervous.

The firmware updates are painless and easy to do! Canon provides pretty
clear and specific directions. If nervous, actually print out the
directions in advance so that you can follow them step by step as you
complete the update.
!