Help with 5770 drivers

OK guys i have a new computer i built with a 5770 sapphire. This is my first build everything seems to be going ok sept when im in wow my game freezes up some times for a few sec and my screen will flash once and im back playing. I used the disc that came with the card to install the drivers.

Can i uninstall the drivers and install the drivers from the AMD website? If i can i was looking and there is like 6 or 8 to pick from do and im a noob and dont know witch one to Download can someone plz help?
22 answers Last reply
More about help 5770 drivers
  1. Yes you can download directly from AMD's site,for your situation do a clean install,here is how:
    1_Download and install driver sweeper from here: http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
    2_Go to add/remove programs and uninstall your current driver from there,restart after uninstalling and go to safe mode
    3_in safe mode,open driver sweeper,check "ATI Display" and click clean,when its done,restart and boot normal to windows
    4_Download and install the latest drivers from AMD's website and after the installation,restart and its done
  2. ^+1
    Do as Maz said... :)
  3. OK but witch Drivers from the site do i Down load there are a few of them and i dont have a clue to witch one or if i need more then one?
  4. You don't need more than one. Go here in order to grab the drivers http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Go for the package that has both the driver as well as the Catalyst Control Center.
  5. How do i boot in safe mode cause the F8 dont work just brings up a window and asked do i was to boot from my sata HD or my cd/dvd
  6. OK i guess i got it all done and down loaded and installed. For now im running 1024/768 cause this is a really old monitor plan to get a nicer one soon. Now should i change any settings in the catalyst? Also how i know its working right?
  7. No you should keep everything at auto for now.
    At your first post you said you have some freezing problems with your card,so is it fixed now ?
  8. Maziar said:
    No you should keep everything at auto for now.
    At your first post you said you have some freezing problems with your card,so is it fixed now ?

No it still does it some times in world of warcraft idk how to test it or what to do.
  9. How is the situation in other games ?
  10. Maziar said:
    How is the situation in other games ?

Dont have any other games lol i have 1600 ram i heard amd runs best at 1333 should i slow my ram down?
  11. No the RAM is fine,is there any way to test other games ? because its hard to judge with only 1 game
  12. Maziar said:
    No the RAM is fine,is there any way to test other games ? because its hard to judge with only 1 game

Ok i found a call of duty 2 disc laying around so i tryed it out for about 30 min. i got 3 freeze ups the first was like the blue screen of death i just clicked the widows key to get out of the game so it was like just the game froze not the hole comp. The other 2 freeze ups where like 5 sec long screen would go blue then blink and was fine.

What should i do? :(
  13. daman said:
    OK i guess i got it all done and down loaded and installed. For now im running 1024/768 cause this is a really old monitor plan to get a nicer one soon. Now should i change any settings in the catalyst? Also how i know its working right?

If you are running at only 1024x768 then I very much doubt the GPU is your problem. Please list the rest of your system specs, including operating system.
  14. Herr_Koos said:
    If you are running at only 1024x768 then I very much doubt the GPU is your problem. Please list the rest of your system specs, including operating system.

windows 7 64bit. amd 945 quad 2.8ghz. 5770 jumper saphire. 4g g skill ddr3 at 1600 650w antec psu
  15. the GPU is the problem . . .

I also bought a pc with HD5770 and i get frezzings/crashes/bluescreens and so...

Some dude on this site, said that i should install catalyst 9.8, but when i do it the system doesn't recognize my GPU...

So im stuck with the newest drivers...
  16. And with the freezes and crashes...
  17. Hmm so what are we to do to fix this?
  18. Can you try this card in another system ?
  19. nope dont have another computer to try it in. i have been searching and loys and lots of ppl are haing these problems some ppl say to fix the voltage and stuff so it always runs high i have not tryed this yet.
  20. Download GPU-Z and then run a game for about 5-10 mins,after that minimize the game(don't quit) and see if the clock is running @ the correct speed and its not down-clocked
  21. Maziar said:
    Download GPU-Z and then run a game for about 5-10 mins,after that minimize the game(don't quit) and see if the clock is running @ the correct speed and its not down-clocked

ok i have that ill try it tonight and get back to ya.
  22. I must be the lucky one, no problems on this side with HD5770
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Drivers World Of Warcraft Graphics