Help with 5770 drivers

daman

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007
OK guys i have a new computer i built with a 5770 sapphire. This is my first build everything seems to be going ok sept when im in wow my game freezes up some times for a few sec and my screen will flash once and im back playing. I used the disc that came with the card to install the drivers.

Can i uninstall the drivers and install the drivers from the AMD website? If i can i was looking and there is like 6 or 8 to pick from do and im a noob and dont know witch one to Download can someone plz help?

Yes you can download directly from AMD's site,for your situation do a clean install,here is how:
1_Download and install driver sweeper from here: http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
2_Go to add/remove programs and uninstall your current driver from there,restart after uninstalling and go to safe mode
3_in safe mode,open driver sweeper,check "ATI Display" and click clean,when its done,restart and boot normal to windows
4_Download and install the latest drivers from AMD's website and after the installation,restart and its done

daman

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007
OK i guess i got it all done and down loaded and installed. For now im running 1024/768 cause this is a really old monitor plan to get a nicer one soon. Now should i change any settings in the catalyst? Also how i know its working right?

daman

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007

No it still does it some times in world of warcraft idk how to test it or what to do.

daman

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007

Ok i found a call of duty 2 disc laying around so i tryed it out for about 30 min. i got 3 freeze ups the first was like the blue screen of death i just clicked the widows key to get out of the game so it was like just the game froze not the hole comp. The other 2 freeze ups where like 5 sec long screen would go blue then blink and was fine.

What should i do? :(

If you are running at only 1024x768 then I very much doubt the GPU is your problem. Please list the rest of your system specs, including operating system.

daman

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007

windows 7 64bit. amd 945 quad 2.8ghz. 5770 jumper saphire. 4g g skill ddr3 at 1600 650w antec psu

G

the GPU is the problem . . .

I also bought a pc with HD5770 and i get frezzings/crashes/bluescreens and so...

Some dude on this site, said that i should install catalyst 9.8, but when i do it the system doesn't recognize my GPU...

So im stuck with the newest drivers...

daman

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007
nope dont have another computer to try it in. i have been searching and loys and lots of ppl are haing these problems some ppl say to fix the voltage and stuff so it always runs high i have not tryed this yet.

daman

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007

ok i have that ill try it tonight and get back to ya.