Sign in with
Your question

Problems with Realtek AC97 Audio Windows XP

Last response: in Windows XP
December 11, 2012 11:39:59 PM

Running XP SP 3 on a Dell Dimension B110. The audio driver is not installed. Upon booting, the tray icon for 'New Hardware Found' comes up, and the 'Install New Hardware Wizard' is initiated. I initiate installation for the Realtek AC'97 Audio, but as the progress bar reaches 100%, the computer suddenly restarts, without having completed installation. I've tried the download of the Realtek software from the kioskea website, but the same problem occurs. What could be wrong?
a b \ Driver
December 12, 2012 9:15:06 AM

itdrewabraham said:
Running XP SP 3 on a Dell Dimension B110. The audio driver is not installed. Upon booting, the tray icon for 'New Hardware Found' comes up, and the 'Install New Hardware Wizard' is initiated. I initiate installation for the Realtek AC'97 Audio, but as the progress bar reaches 100%, the computer suddenly restarts, without having completed installation. I've tried the download of the Realtek software from the kioskea website, but the same problem occurs. What could be wrong?

Use the Soundmax Integrated Digital drivers - Go to the DELL site and see if they list that for your model. Even if they do not, you should be able to use it.
m
l
!