Sign in with
Your question

Non-RAID in RAID mode

Last response: in Components
June 10, 2010 4:13:30 AM

I recently got 2 extra HDDs to add to my rig (now making 4) I previously had the other 2 in RAID 0. When I got the new HDDs I was planning on using the 2 new ones in RAID 0 as my OS drive and the other 2 not in RAID just as data drives. While re-installing windows both of the older, non RAID HDDs showed up but when I go into Computer all I get is my RAID HDDs and my external HDDs.

I just wanted to know if it is even possible to have your non RAID HDDs show up when your BIOS is set up in RAID mode.

If it is possible would someone be so kind as to tell me how to do this?

Thank you very much!

More about : raid raid mode

June 10, 2010 7:06:54 AM

I'm unsure of how to help you out, but if you take your question to the storage forum you'll have a better chance of solving the issue.
m
l
June 10, 2010 7:16:57 AM

Just guessing, but I think if they are on the same controller you might have to set each of the new drives up as separate arrays eg 2x raid0 arrays or something.
m
l
Related resources
June 10, 2010 9:04:58 AM

try initialising the RAID array with only the 2 HDDs attached, install windows, then connect the other 2.
m
l
June 10, 2010 12:24:56 PM

In the RAID configuration screen on my ASUS AMI BIOS, I have an option to define a non-raid drive, but I've never actually looked at it, but at least the capability is there.
m
l
!