I7 3770k Temps

I finally got my setup running and all seems to be well. I have not overclocked. The i7 seems to be around is 34 degrees or lower on idle (RealTemp), up to a maximum 74 degrees flat out rendering or prime95.

I just wondered if these temperatures seem to be OK given my setup?

Thanks in advance for any advice
15 answers Last reply
More about 3770k temps
  1. Hi,

Your temps under load are just ok, I usually recommend a max temp of 75C under load, so you haven't really got any room for overclocking there.
  2. Rustyy117 said:
    Hi,

Your temps under load are just ok, I usually recommend a max temp of 75C under load, so you haven't really got any room for overclocking there.

Thanks for the reply

I am thinking of putting some new thermal paste on the CPU sometime, as I did have to turn the cooler round (Before running the CPU) after I realized it would not fit in the case the way i planned, I wonder if this may have made the supplied paste to be slightly uneven.
  3. The paste is probably fine, its worth checking though. I am guessing that you don't have very good case ventilation or you heatsink is not sufficient. I am running my 3770k at 4.5ghz with a modified Zalman 320 h2o cooler and at the lowest fan settings, my temps are in the 70s C fully loaded. What are your full system specs?
  4. maestro0428 said:
    The paste is probably fine, its worth checking though. I am guessing that you don't have very good case ventilation or you heatsink is not sufficient. I am running my 3770k at 4.5ghz with a modified Zalman 320 h2o cooler and at the lowest fan settings, my temps are in the 70s C fully loaded. What are your full system specs?

My system: i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-M PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7750 Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Arctic freezer 7 pro rev.2 ANTEC One + Plus 1 front case fan. My CPU had to be mounted the opposite way to what I would have liked, it is just below the top exhaust fan in the case. Please see my previous post for a picture. Thanks
  5. maestro0428 said:
    The paste is probably fine, its worth checking though. I am guessing that you don't have very good case ventilation or you heatsink is not sufficient. I am running my 3770k at 4.5ghz with a modified Zalman 320 h2o cooler and at the lowest fan settings, my temps are in the 70s C fully loaded. What are your full system specs?

^ Agreed.

I doubt the thermal paste is the problem unless it's been applied really badly.

Having a look at a review for the Arctic freezer 7 pro rev.2 reveals it to be a pretty mediocre cooler so I expect your temps are high because of this and the less than optimal air flow in your case (if I've understood it correctly).
  6. Rustyy117 said:
    ^ Agreed.

I doubt the thermal paste is the problem unless it's been applied really badly.

Having a look at a review for the Arctic freezer 7 pro rev.2 reveals it to be a pretty mediocre cooler so I expect your temps are high because of this and the less than optimal air flow in your case (if I've understood it correctly).

I am considering changing the Freezer Pro for a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, which seems to get decent reviews for the price. I wonder if it will fit in my case with my setup
    though.
  7. strangesteve said:
    I am considering changing the Freezer Pro for a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, which seems to get decent reviews for the price. I wonder if it will fit in my case with my setup
    though.

What case do you have?
  8. Rustyy117 said:
    What case do you have?

ANTEC One. But the Asus P8Z77-M PRO seems to be an odd layout compared to some systems.
  9. Ah yeah you did mention that before (how did I miss that...)

Anyway going by the dimensions and the fact other people have successfully installed the 212 evo in the Antec one I would say it'll fit.

The mobo looks like a pretty standard MicroATX board to me.
  10. Rustyy117 said:
    Ah yeah you did mention that before (how did I miss that...)

Anyway going by the dimensions and the fact other people have successfully installed the 212 evo in the Antec one I would say it'll fit.

The mobo looks like a pretty standard MicroATX board to me.

I put together an i5 with the non pro version of this board, and the layout was a lot easier to arrange, different case though, a Sonata IV.
  11. strangesteve said:
    I put together an i5 with the non pro version of this board, and the layout was a lot easier to arrange, different case though, a Sonata IV.

Ah right ok, well the 212 evo should work fine with your current mobo and case, I would just make sure you install the EPS 4/8 pin before the cooler ;)
  12. Rustyy117 said:
    Ah right ok, well the 212 evo should work fine with your current mobo and case, I would just make sure you install the EPS 4/8 pin before the cooler ;)

Thanks for the info

Do you think the 212 would be more efficient with my setup?
  13. strangesteve said:
    Thanks for the info

Do you think the 212 would be more efficient with my setup?

Yep it's a more efficient cooler and very good considering the low cost.
  14. Rustyy117 said:
    Yep it's a more efficient cooler and very good considering the low cost.

Thanks for the help
  15. Fitted the 212 evo today

I have overclocked to 4223.80 just using AI Suite. My temperatures are now at a maximum 76 degrees flat out with Prime which is less heat than I was getting without overclocking with the other CPU cooler. So I am happy enough with that.

Thanks all for the advice
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Rendering Intel i7 Overclocking