Adding a video card question

Hey,

I'm wanting to add a video card to my pc, it alreaddy has an integrated card--but I would like something more fashioned towards gaming. My question is, would adding this card cause a conflict between my existing card? Or would they both co-exist with the performance capabilities of the new card just adding to the computer's potential?
8 answers Last reply
More about adding video card question
  1. most likely your computer will just switch to the new card aitomatically

what do you have and what do you plan to buy?
  2. Post ur mobo and chipset specs and the graphics card you want to buy;)
  3. If the new card is a low end card like the integrated chip, they may combine using a technology called hybrid sli for nvidia and hybrid crossfire for ati. Most likely not, though
  4. computaur said:
    Hey,

I'm wanting to add a video card to my pc, it alreaddy has an integrated card--but I would like something more fashioned towards gaming. My question is, would adding this card cause a conflict between my existing card? Or would they both co-exist with the performance capabilities of the new card just adding to the computer's potential?

It's an 08-09' Gateway GT5692 desktop PC, currently I'm looking at some nVidia cards--most likely I'm going to spend around $75-125 on the card. Probably something like the 9500gt 1GB PCI Express HDMI card. I may consider something a little cheaper considering for around $5-700 I could just buy a new system built towards gaming specifically but I'm open to suggestions.

Anyways appreciate the help folks
  5. And what about an ATI HD 5670? It performs better and doesn't need an power connector and costs about $99

About Nvidia cards you should take a look at the GT 240. It performs around 9600GT and also doesn't need a power connector. It cost about $100-105
  6. yea I'll give those a look, thanks for the help
  7. This GTS 250 comes with a free game....take off the $50 for Resident Evil 5 and the net card cost after MIR is $50.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.342632
  8. JackNaylorPE said:
    This GTS 250 comes with a free game....take off the $50 for Resident Evil 5 and the net card cost after MIR is $50.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.342632

^+1

That might be a good idea as GTS250 is moore powerful than those HD5670, GT240 or 9600GT, 9800GT

Just have a good look at it's quality...:)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product