Sign in with
Your question

Selling system for ps3 setup

Last response: in Systems
March 31, 2010 12:55:18 PM

welp, im tired of devs not making any good games for PC, im tired of the crap MP community in PC gaming so i'm thinking of selling my rig and buying a PS3 and big screen tv. Let me know what yall think its worth.

i7 920- thermaltake ultra 120 black
foxconn renaissance motherboard
6G corsair xms3 ddr3 1066
4850x2-one vf900
corsair 850W stryder
antec 1200
samnsung 2232bw syncmaster
nostromo n52te
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
March 31, 2010 2:00:04 PM

It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I'd pay about $700 for everything, assuming it doesn't have an OS or HDD. That's probably low, but I have no idea how old it is. A general formula (which I'm not a big fan of) is that you add the current cost of every part separately, multiple it by 80% and subtract 10%for every 3 moths (might be 6). So I'm assuming it's at least 6 months old.

The problem you're going to have with selling it as an entire build is that most of it's either old technology (the 4850 was replaced by the 5750/5770, the 920 was replaced by the 930), low quality (Foxconn, Thermaltake HSF) or low performing (1066 mhz DDR3).

I would recommend parting out the pieces instead of selling it prebuilt. You could likely get $200 for the CPU, $100 for the case, $100 (maybe as I'm not sure about the market for used PSUs) for the PSU, $150ish for the GPUs, $100 (maybe, I'm not sure what the current price would be) for the monitor, and RAM (I'm not sure on what to guess). That would get you something like $750-800, but would likely sell quicker.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 31, 2010 2:00:31 PM

I don't quite get which bad games you mean..
- I am addicted to mass effect 2 (PC version) right now.
- Yes, CnC 4 is disappointing, but Starcraft 2 will be there soon.
- Assassins creed 2 is also quite good, yes, it has also the DRM problem, but quite good.
- Dragon age origins and the new expansion are cool.
- King's bounty : armoured princess is also quite good.
- Supreme commander 2 (altough it is not a good as the first one) is also good.
You have plenty of options of games, beside...you can also use PC for lots more stuff.. Video editing, programming, CAD-drawing office work, etc.
Gaming PC is actually an all in one machine.

PS3 can only be used for gaming and watching blue-ray film, that is it, no other usage.

Just keep your PC and buy the PS3 and the TV if you still like them.
I too have a TV and PS2 beside my gaming PC.
m
l
!