mkramer0820

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Hey i know this is a stupid question, but the new computer I ordered the other day should arrive today. And on my previous builds i used one of the older plug in key boards when i booted the system to work the bios. But now with this new system i bought a USB wireless keyboard, I am just curious before i try to boot the system if the wireless keyboard will be read on the first Boot or should i run to the store and buy a cheap keyboard that plugs in for first boot.

Solution
No problem at all using wireless keyboard for most cases. Your BIOS should recognize the keyboard too.

After turning on for the first time, do first what the keyboard manual says.
For example :
1. push the button on the reciver and the push the button on the bottom side of your mouse and hold it 20s.
2. wait 20s
3. push the button on the receiver again and push the button on the bottom side of your keyboard and hold it 20s.
Other words : setting your keyboard and mouse first.

After you did that, I you'll need to restart your pc, go to bios, do some settings and install your windows...more or less like the usual process.
No problem at all using wireless keyboard for most cases. Your BIOS should recognize the keyboard too.

After turning on for the first time, do first what the keyboard manual says.
For example :
1. push the button on the reciver and the push the button on the bottom side of your mouse and hold it 20s.
2. wait 20s
3. push the button on the receiver again and push the button on the bottom side of your keyboard and hold it 20s.
Other words : setting your keyboard and mouse first.

After you did that, I you'll need to restart your pc, go to bios, do some settings and install your windows...more or less like the usual process.

Solution