Want to buy a watercooling kit

mikebik

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
i want some advice i have a small budget in the 250 range was looking at xspc RX240 Radiator/750 and ek LTX 120 Water Cooling Kit. i wanted to know from some people what is good and what i could get thats better in that budget... thank you all

mikebik

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
i looked at the sites some had a more updated version of a product and some seem to have a older version for a large difference in price i also found the part recommend for first timers was very useful and also not so much, not much detail was put in other than the xspc kits and i know there are way more kits

kid_darknesssss

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
For your budget buy a pre-assembled kit, you'll get more for your money. The RX240 kit is decent, although I like compression fittings so maybe think about either buying those separate, or buying a better kit that comes with them.

I buy from FrozenCPU.com because they have a pretty solid selection and are close to where I live so shipping is fast and cheap. Where you buy from depends on you.

I like these 2 kits:

EK 240 HFX - $290

XSPC Raystorm EX240 - $245

The EK kit is a little more than your expressed budget, but I think its a nice kit. I like the internal RES as opposed to the dual bay.

Also notice that the XSPC kit includes compression fittings and a D5 pump, which will be nice if you ever wanna add a 2nd RAD for GPU cooling. Well worth the $$.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

Explain what was or wasn't helpful in the sticky...this can help determine how to correct the issue. Please be specific.

The Xspc kits are covered in some detail because they are almost the only decent kits available,
Swiftech are changing that wirth the H220 kits coming out soon but most the other kits from Koolance, EK, and even less well known chinese suppliers are unsuitable for one reason or another which is why they aren't recommended
for example some use really bad pumps, others cut cost by using aluminium parts,
only research will tell you why aluminium is bad for watercooling but we cover Xspc in the sticky because they are good,
many of us here started loops with them, myself included
Moto

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
EK kits are good, people just aren't familiar with the Jingway pumps they use...which are fairly decent and comparable to the X20 750 rev 4 or better, depending on what you get. Jingway pumps are covered in the WC sticky in the pump section, so it should be easy to find the pump spec for the kit you are looking for.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I haven't heard bad things about them, but then again, haven't heard great things about them either. You almost exclusively see D5 and DDC pumps being used.

BTW...Jingway is also what Thermaltake used in their attempt at an entry level kit pump a couple years ago, along with at least 1-2 other brands/models. Looks like Phobya also might rebrand them as well.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...r_Cooling_Pump_-_DC12-400.html?tl=g30c107s153