Sign in with
Your question

NO INPUT SIGNAL

Last response: in Systems
March 31, 2010 5:50:38 PM

Have just built a new system with the following

Coolermaster Elite 330 Case With Coolermaster eXtreme Power 460W PSU

AMD Athlon X2 5400 Bundle Deal Including X2 5400 2.8GHz Processor with Cooling Fan and Asus M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard

LG GH22LS50 22x DVD±RW SATA DL & RAM + LightScribe Black

Kingston 2GB 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Unbuffered Non-ECC CL6 1.8V

Logitech X-210 Speakers - 2.1 Channel 25W RMS

To this I added an exiting Maxtor 80gb HD

On boot up I can get into BIOS no prob - set up boot sequence no prob - BIOS recognises CPU, Ram, HD and DVD drives - save and boot and I get a NO INPUT SIGNAL message and system reboots and goes through whole thing again

Any ideas

More about : input signal

a b B Homebuilt system
April 1, 2010 9:06:01 AM

No input signal message on you screen?
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
April 1, 2010 9:14:24 AM

graham_d_may said:

To this I added an exiting Maxtor 80gb HD

Do you mean you are trying to boot from a hard drive that had the operating system already installed? That is probably your problem.
Related resources
April 1, 2010 4:49:41 PM

Proximon said:
Do you mean you are trying to boot from a hard drive that had the operating system already installed? That is probably your problem.

Hi - yes I am using an HD that has XP already on - I have done this before and never suffered this sort of problem - unsure why this would cause a problem? I am using the on board graphics - but have tried this with a Radeon X1950 Super pro ATI card and still got same - have used ram off another computer and still same - any ideas? and yes it is an on screen message
a b B Homebuilt system
April 1, 2010 4:55:25 PM

Proximon hit the nail on the head. You can rarely take the HD out of one computer and move it to another and expect it to work. The old HD has registry entries and drivers for the hardware in the system it came from. Even if you manage to cobble it together and get it to work, the performance won't be nearly what it would be from a fresh install. Do the right thing and perform a fresh install if you want a stable, fast system.
April 1, 2010 5:42:31 PM

Ok - well thanks for the advice - will sort out a new hd and see how we get on - have XP disc so should be no trouble except for the validation thing - cheers all
!