Sign in with
Your question

Usb not working

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
June 10, 2010 10:45:51 AM

Hello,
Bent pins in usb caused a shortage, computer shop disconnected usb and now my keyboard wont work, lights flash on briefly, then nothing, any ideas???
Greatful for any help

More about : usb working

June 10, 2010 11:59:06 AM

Quote:
Hello,
Bent pins in usb caused a shortage, computer shop disconnected usb and now my keyboard wont work, lights flash on briefly, then nothing, any ideas???
Greatful for any help

so if i understand, you unplugged your keyboard, to plug in a USB flash drive or thumbdrive of some sort, to do whatever with it, turned out this USB flashdrive had a bent pin which mysteriously caused a shortage, and now you are assuming that your USB port is broken.

P.S: if you want people to help please post more symptoms.

:hello:  ROLFMAOMACHIZLIN :hello: 
m
l
June 10, 2010 6:13:55 PM

Quote:
Hello,
Greatful for any help

Linda,

USB plugs at the end most of us see are basicaly a bar to bar plug allignment, so I'm going to geuss you mean at the motherboard where the front ports plug in to it??

If thats not what you mean I will need more info to help you with this...................

If it is that, then I would say the shop should have moved the plugin for the ports to another header set.
Seems like they did not, but there should be some USB port somewhere on the system that still works, and should support the keyboard, assuming the original short didnt kill the keyboard!

Please let me know if this is your case!

Dead
m
l
!