Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Blue Screen
  • Catalyst
  • Driver Failure
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
March 14, 2010 1:10:35 PM

hey I am getting the blue screen saying I have a driver failure. The screen goes to pixels and then to black then of course the blue I have loaded the latest catalyst suite. It does it for no reason when I am just surfing the web. Is the card bad?

More about : 4850 blue screen

March 14, 2010 1:40:12 PM

Then try the older driver version...
The one which came in the CD when u bought that card...

What about your PSU?
m
l
March 14, 2010 4:46:13 PM

Ok the older driver was having the blue screen first that is why I downloaded the new one. I have a EVGA classified X58 motherboard with i7 processor a PC power and cooling 920 power supply. It has 6 gigs memory. I know something is wrong because the monitor started to get a bright light when I turn it on or off. I was told I may need to update the bios on the motherboard which I have never done. It makes me nervous. Just trying to decide if its the actual card or not.

Thanks
Donna
m
l
Related resources
March 14, 2010 5:22:51 PM

no I do not overclock anything. I have a Huge case that is very open so there should not be a heat issue. I have only the one card.
m
l
March 15, 2010 9:42:32 PM

Ok this is what I have
EVGA Classified x58 60 motherboard
i7 920 processor with the intel stock fan
6 gigs ram
PC Power and Cooling 920 Power Supply
XFX 4850HD graphic card (not overclocked)
on board sound
viewsonic monitor
Thermaltake Xasier VI case
I need help with a video card/driver issue.
What has happening now is that I went into the bios to check the settings and while I was in there the screen went to black. Freaked me out I hit escape a few times and restarted the computer everything came back on. If its an overheating problem its doing it real fast. So far people say it can be the bios ( I have never updated it) But if I cannot see the screen how can I do the update? Heat hard to imagine it was only on a few minutes. When I get the blue screen it always says its a driver problem. The origional one gave me problems so I tried 2 different ones. The current one is the catalyst 10.2 I tend to think its the video card that is failing but would it fail in Bios? I run it on the default settings. I do not play games except for farmville on occasion (sad to admit) so I am not overworking it. Just all of a sudden the screen flashes and turns to pixels and then black or blue screen. I just want to use the computer please help me.
Thanks
Donna
m
l
March 16, 2010 1:37:45 PM

UguessWho said:
hey I am getting the blue screen saying I have a driver failure. The screen goes to pixels and then to black then of course the blue I have loaded the latest catalyst suite. It does it for no reason when I am just surfing the web. Is the card bad?

I think you should install some older catalysts like 9.8. I read about similar issues with the latest catalysts
m
l
March 16, 2010 1:52:01 PM

Well it appears you are right, I installed the original CD catalyst which caused the screen to flicker wildly but Widows said there was an importaint update for the card. Although in the past that has Never worked well I figured heck its broken anyways and ran it. Well it appears stable. Still getting a flash of light thru the monitor which looks like a power surge or something but its not giving me the bluescreen. I may be needing a new monitor its a few years old. Thanks for all your help. Think I still should update the bios for other reasons but at least the screen will not go black while I do it.
Donna :D 
m
l