SDD 2.5 for Toshiba R630-166

pmni

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hi.

I've a Toshiba R630-155 and I want to do a disk upgrade.

But in SSD are I'm a noob.

What's your opinion with the ratio price/quality?

Thanks in advance

game junky

Distinguished
It's most important to look at what you want to store on your local disk. I think a 64GB drive can fit Win7 but the more applications and documents you load, the closer you will get to filling the drive. I would recommend looking at a 120/128 - Crucial, Intel and Samsung are all incredibly reliable drives. I would probably recommend the Crucial because your laptop won't have SATAIII ports so you're looking at 260MB for max read/right speeds for most SSDs. The Crucial will not max out your write speeds, but it's still good enough to notice a significant improvement in load times.

I personally use an 120 GB Intel 520 in my desktop and a 128GB Samsung 830 in my laptop - both are feel quick and I have not had any driver incompatabilities and minimal maintenance tweaks.

Make sure your BIOS supports AHCI or you're not going to get that much speed benefit from any SSD.

pmni

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I think that a 128GB disk is enough.

The computer support AHCI.
The motherboard is an Intel HM55.

Thanks for your opinion!

It is more than enough, i bought other SSD (120GB from newegg shell shocker) for $100 and install into my 2 yrs old toshiba satellite. That is huge upgrade for the laptop.

you need to buy the reliable SSD( >120GB) llike crucial M4, intel, samsung, and Mushkin. Because the satellite only has the SATAII(3GB) so any those are good for you.

check out the link for the SSD tweaks from Tomhardware http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/270102-32-useful-articles-part