Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking my pc please

Last response: in Overclocking
February 15, 2013 10:52:17 AM

Hi i whant to overclock my pc to speed up the gaming low frps every game i play the problem is that i dont now how to do it corectly so im asking for youre help i tryed 2 tutorials from the internet and i faield both so i dont whant to destroy my pc becouse im stupid :(  i whant to encrease the power to 3.2 Ghz stabel

This is my spec of the PC if you can pelase guide my exactly whant to do in bios please.

slot 4 is the same slot 1 and 3 is empty.

Thx for youre help.

More about : overclocking

a b à CPUs
a c 125 K Overclocking
February 15, 2013 12:53:03 PM

Hi,

What tutorials did you read and what part did you struggle with?

Also could you list your PC's spec's including the CPU cooler and power supply your using.
February 15, 2013 1:26:24 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Hi,

What tutorials did you read and what part did you struggle with?

Also could you list your PC's spec's including the CPU cooler and power supply your using.

I found one on youtube but it wosent ok for me :(  and onether one from a forum but i dident overclock today or yestarday it was almost 3 moths when i tryed to overclock and i fail so bad My cooler is Cooler master i have 3 speeds on him low medium and high speed coler.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a c 125 K Overclocking
February 15, 2013 1:36:26 PM

Ok well set the cooler to high speed, Below are some BIOS settings you could try for a small overclock.

CPU Multiplier: 9
Bus Speed: 300
Memory Multiplier: something like 5:6, just make sure your RAM stays below 800Mhz (400x2)
Vcore: 1.25V

The rest at AUTO.

Make sure your temps don't exceed 72C whilst stress testing.

You overclock at your own risk!
February 15, 2013 9:08:25 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Ok well set the cooler to high speed, Below are some BIOS settings you could try for a small overclock.

CPU Multiplier: 9
Bus Speed: 300
Memory Multiplier: something like 5:6, just make sure your RAM stays below 800Mhz (400x2)
Vcore: 1.25V

The rest at AUTO.

Make sure your temps don't exceed 72C whilst stress testing.

You overclock at your own risk!

i managed to upcome to 3.00 GHZ 333x9

Memory i put 2.40 to give me 800 800

voltage 1275.00000 V something like that.

Im using full coolers after 10 minutes of PRIME95 blend option test i get 68 degrease is that to much?

Only at test 3 is going up to 68 at test 1 ,2, 4, 65.

This is the final test of prime95
a b à CPUs
a c 125 K Overclocking
February 16, 2013 7:07:11 AM

No that seems good man :) 

Seems your just at the limit of your cooler's ability, from the screenshot I can see a max temp on 71C, I'd recommend staying below 72C.

Make sure you stability test for 8 hours or more though to make sure it's stable.
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
February 16, 2013 7:46:12 AM

Memory voltage is too high. Don't go over 2.2 volts on the memory.

This should be your first stop.
Core2 Overclocking Guide (generic guide based on an Asus motherboard)
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/259899-11-core-over...

Shadow's Gigabyte motherboard OC guide:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-245679_11_0.ht...
It's for an EP35-DS3L but all the Gigabyte Core2 BIOS's are similar.
This is the guide you should use.

Go through the guides. Then take your core voltage off Auto and set your memory voltage to factory recommended values. Change the System Memory Multiplier (or whatever your BIOS calls it) from AUTO to 2.00, - whichever you need to set the Memory Frequency to twice the FSB. Then when you increase the FSB, the memory clock will rise in in proportion with it. At an FSB of 266 MHz, your memory clock should be at 533 MHz.

Download CPU-Z to check your FSB:RAM ratio. It should be a 1:1 ratio.

Warning - confusion factor between what the BIOS calls things and what CPUZ calls things. What the BIOS calls "memory frequency" is actually the memory clock. What CPUZ calls "memory frequency" is half the memory clock - DDR2 RAM, remember? It transfers two chunks of data each bus cycle. What you want in CPUZ is a 1:1 FSB:RAM ratio.

Overclocking memory doesn't accomplish much besides limiting your CPU overclock where the real speed comes from.

For 3.0 GHz, you should need little if any increase in CPU voltage. That means that the stock heatsink will be enough. For anything faster, you will need better cooling. That means a better HSF and better airflow through the case.

The Hiper 212+ (or whatever its latest version is) is an excellent cooler for the money.

Keep your CPU voltage under 1.50 volts (and as low as possible for reliable operation), mem voltage 2.2 volts or less, and load temps under 70 C (OK, Intel specs say 71.4 C) and 65 C is better.
!