Windows 7 wont read new hard drive on new system build

mkramer0820

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
So i just finished my first system build everything booted fine at first. BIOS shows everything my 4 gigs of ram, i5 750 processor, hard drive ect. ect. But when i finally try to load windows 7 onto my computer i get to the option where it says choose a device to install it on. My hard drive is a Western Digital SATA 320 gb (WD3200AAKS caviar blue). and my mother boards is a gigabyte p55a-ud4p. Is this a driver issue, if so my HD did not come with any CD is there another way to update it? Or is it something else? Any help is appreciated.

mkramer0820

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
sorry took me a while to get back to this post. It was a hard drive problem it seems i was not the only person on these forums to have this problem. So when i bought a new hard drive, which was the same exact one as the one i said above and tried to reboot windows it read the new drive immediatly. And then i could format the original one in windows and that now functions properly. I am not sure if this happens to just WD or if there are more. But thanks for the help all SATA ports are working checked them all as well.