Dye bombs....

christop

Distinguished
What do you think of dye bombs?? I will never use one again.. I cleaned the blue from my cpu block and rad for an hour or so. It might look cool but it will dirty your whole loop... :eek:

kuunkulta

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I think dye bombs are awesome! I got my Zalman Reserator 1v2 for 80eur from a guy who glogged it with dye :D All I had to do was get new tubes and clean out the glogged cpu block!

christop

Distinguished

I use PC-ICE for the coolant and later added a dye bomb to it. I did learn a lesson.

christop

Distinguished

Does using say PC-Ice which is clear with no color have any temp benefits? Would I get around the same temps using distilled water instead of other fluids? This is only my second loop so I don't have a ton of experience. Thanks for your advice..

Lutfij

Titan
I've used PC-ICE clear while I was on my H50 mod. All of PC ice's fluid come in clear and require end user to drop a dye bomb. There is no real benefit to using a premixed coolant. I've got some images of my drained H50 fluid(PC-ICE clear) and after leaving the contents in a metal bowl for a day, I could see some cloudy moulds forming. Easily suspect to being microbial/bacterial growth.

Performance wise, distill's better. Martinsliquidlab had performed a test...actually head down to the watercooling sticky and read up down below in the FAQ section.

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
You guys learned the hard way? What I've learned is to keep my water poison levels to a minimum. While I cleared out my water cooling loop for the first time a couple month old kitten drank it and died.