Xbox 360 Wireless Internet via Cell Phone

SerialSniper14

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Ok, I use a Sony Ericsson W760a for my laptop's internet connection using Sony Ericsson software, and I want to link them in one network so I can access Xbox Live. Network map looks like this:

Cell phone=====Laptop=====Wireless router=====Xbox 360

I've tried enabling ICS to share internet from my Cellular Internet to my wireless connection; the tests always connect to the router, but then come back with "could not locate DNS servers." I can't find any DNS servers for my IPv4 wireless connection on my laptop (using "ipconfig /all" in command prompt). I found a DNS server for the Cellular Internet connection, but I don't know what to use it for.

I seem to have worse luck with wired connections, and I'm exhausted trying ad-hoc networks. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Edit: If it helps, my cellular internet connection is a PPP adapter. I get IPs and DNS servers for the cell, but only an IPv4 IP and IPv6 DNS for the router. And static IPs don't seem to work.

But - but - but - gamers hate wireless because of the lag! Surely telephone wireless is going to be even more problematic. What problems did you have with wired?