Rename Devices in XP

December 13, 2004 10:49:44 PM

Guys,

We are setting up a box with a number of USB devices (video streams),
but the software used to manage them can only tune the first instance
because all of the devices have the same name (they all show in Device
Manager) - is there any way we can rename these devices so that they
are unique???

Thanks

Ivan
isanders@ozemail.com.au

More about : rename devices

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 11:46:23 PM

isanders@ozemail.com.au (Ivan Sanders) wrote:

>We are setting up a box with a number of USB devices (video streams),
>but the software used to manage them can only tune the first instance
>because all of the devices have the same name (they all show in Device
>Manager) - is there any way we can rename these devices so that they
>are unique???

I have not found a way yet to change a device name in the Device
Manager.

--
(tm)
Anonymous

You can not change the name, as the device name is part of the config file
in the hardware that windows reads during P&P detection.

!