Sign in with
Your question

Moving old Hard Drive to new PC?

Last response: in Storage
May 3, 2012 11:03:17 PM

Hello, as of now im working on building a new PC on a budget, and I thought of the idea of taking my 500GB hard drive from my old computer, and use it in my new computer build. I'm pretty sure this will save me money on a new hard drive and a new operating system, as I have windows 7 already installed on it. Will this work out, because this would open up a lot of room in my budget for a better processor and GPU. I'm not sure if people already do this, or if it is totally out of the question. Thanks for reading, and all suggestions are welcomed.

More about : moving hard drive

a b G Storage
May 3, 2012 11:19:33 PM

ryanrhino24 said:
Hello, as of now im working on building a new PC on a budget, and I thought of the idea of taking my 500GB hard drive from my old computer, and use it in my new computer build. I'm pretty sure this will save me money on a new hard drive and a new operating system, as I have windows 7 already installed on it. Will this work out, because this would open up a lot of room in my budget for a better processor and GPU. I'm not sure if people already do this, or if it is totally out of the question. Thanks for reading, and all suggestions are welcomed.

You can use the 500 gb hard drive if you wipe it and reinstall Windows.
m
l
!