When the 8800 GTX came out, it was a monster that no graphics card could top. I now use an 8800 gtx to wipe my ass when I take a poo. The 5870 x2 is destroying Nvidia and not even its GTX 295 can stand up. Can the GTX 300s perform or will they fail? The release date isn't certain considering that they could easily delay it again. Could this cause the downfall of Nvidia as the top dog in town? I mean if Nvidia puts off their release date anymore, the 6xxx series will be out for ATi and then things won't be looking good for Nvidia
1) your ass must be full of cuts and bruises....and I'm guessing your bowel movement alone must be keeping Nvidia stock holder happy
2) while the 5870 x 2 is a better card then the GTX 295....the GTX 295 can still stand up to it...as can the ATI 4870x2, is there a game out there those cards can't play?
3) while Nvidia's GTX 4xxx cards may come out and fail to push the ATI 5xxx in price/performance, Nvidia still sells more cards then ATI.
4) do you recall the ATI 2XXX series, it was a complete failure and the 3xxx was only slightly better, yet they bounced back
5) nvidia good cards + ati good cards = consumer win; so rooting for one to fail is equal to rooting for both to fail