Sign in with
Your question

Hard disk with data on it reported as unlocated in disk management

Last response: in Storage
May 4, 2012 8:10:25 AM

Hi all,

I have a question regarding my hard disk. It used to be Buffalo external drive but when i think the plate burned and disk couldnt start anymore I bought new case for it and replaced it. I had the same thing with WD my book, but i had 2 of those so i just used the case from the other one and got all the files without no problem. But, for the buffalo drive i bought new case , hope this link works
http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/415908/35-inch-HDD-b...
and i installed the disk in it.
The disk is operational but when i started windows (7 - 64 ) it reported only one partition that comes with buffalo drives (utility 650mb) the disk size is 2 tb.
I looked in disk manager, and the rest of the space is reported as unlocated. I have this disk almost full with data and as people who faced this problem they know how i feel right now. So my question is how can i get this disk visible with my data in windows. I havent done anything yet with the disk.
a c 291 G Storage
May 6, 2012 9:04:15 PM

It could be that your data are encrypted using 128-bit or 256-bit AES hardware encryption. If this is the case, then you will need to repair your original USB-SATA bridge board, or obtain an identical replacement board and transfer its firmware, if necessary. This is not as difficult as it sounds.

Could you upload a detailed photo of the original bridge board?
Related resources
!