Hello, my pc won\'t start...when i push the on button it beep and then the scree

karensavon

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Hello, my pc won't start...when i push the on button it beeps and then the screen said no signal...how do I fix this problem? The computer is a HP Pavilion Media Center A1677c with a motherboard from Asus named A8M2N-LA. HP motherboard name of NodusM3-GL8E. It gives me a 2-3 second long beep, then a 2-3 second silence, before it repeats itself. What does this code represent?

karensavon

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

Thanks, but my computer didn't come with any books, and I've been looking on their website for the past 2 days.

jpg1784

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Why dont you try unseating all of the RAM sticks and see if it gives you the same beep, if so run MemTest on each stick and figure out which one is bad. I would just run Memtest anyway.

This advice is provided by Jade at www.customconnected.com

karensavon

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

I am unable to run this test as my monitor is blank. I have found out through testing out the mother board, that the connection from the mother board to the power supply is what is making the beeping sound. Now I just need to find the directions and the part number that I need. Thanks.