please help me about wireless router setting

carioca_mama

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Hello,

Recently I bought NETGEAR wireless router WGR614 v.6.(from my friend)
I tried access to this address (www routerlogin net/basicsetting htm),
But, I can't access this setting page. It say "can't find page."
as well as 192 168 1 1...........
I tried on my old imac, Sony Vaio with Vista. It seems there's no link to set up page.

I called to NETGEAR, but no luck. (because I didn't buy it from company)

How to find another setting page?
I search and search, but have no any luck.
Please someone help me to do initial set up.

[#0005eff]
Did you spot the all-important full stops between the numbers in the address in Fihart's post?[/#0005eff]

carioca_mama

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't use " . ", because I'm not sure if I can create link to this address.
(I heard some people don't like, and this is first time to use here, I don't want to be rude to regular people at this forum.)

So, I think I use correct address for my router.

Thank you very much for your care ;)

Sorry but sometimes the simple anwser can be the right one and if you havdn't put in the full stops, that would be why you didn't connect.

If you still cannot connect, and you're sure it's a Netgear router, the correct address to type in your URL bar in IE is 192.168.0.1 and I missed that in your first post - 1.1 simply won't get you there.
[/#000ff]

G

Unfortunately Netgear are not entirely consistent. On some models the default is 192.168.1.1

Carioca should download the manual for the router and, if still can't connect using the address printed in the manual, press the router's reset to restore the factory settings (including the default address set out in the manual).

carioca_mama

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Sorry for late reply...

Thank you for your advice, I will download manual for that...

Unfortunately Netgear are not entirely consistent. On some models the default is 192.168.1.1

Carioca should download the manual for the router and, if still can't connect using the address printed in the manual, press the router's reset to restore the factory settings (including the default address set out in the manual).