Sign in with
Your question

H100 & WC BASICS HELP

Last response: in Overclocking
February 16, 2013 1:58:40 PM

OK so i was looking at getting the H100 but have never done anything wth WC before so can someone tell me if this is a good cooler and what i should know before i get one and how to maintain it

More about : h100 basics

February 16, 2013 2:11:35 PM

Not that it's a not a good performer, but high end air coolers perform similar but cheaper and can be quieter as well (ie. Noctua NH-D14). If you don't have a problem spending more, the H100 will work just fine. It's an AIO (All in One) unit so not much to worry about.
February 16, 2013 2:21:46 PM

EzioAs said:
Not that it's a not a good performer, but high end air coolers perform similar but cheaper and can be quieter as well (ie. Noctua NH-D14). If you don't have a problem spending more, the H100 will work just fine. It's an AIO (All in One) unit so not much to worry about.

Yea I was actually looking at the some AC. I found that they are the same price on some sites so I was wondering which is better. I have a 3930K that I plan on OCing if that helps.
Related resources
February 16, 2013 2:25:09 PM

The H100 performs slightly a bit better but based on most reviews I've seen in the past, the difference can only be seen once the CPU is overclocked pretty high and there's quite an amount of voltage applied to the CPU.

The fans on the H100 are pretty loud though while the fans on the D14 are pretty silent.
a c 78 K Overclocking
February 16, 2013 4:20:27 PM

@ OP - check out the watercooling sticky and head down to the CLC subsection. Details alot of the pros and cons :) 
a c 177 K Overclocking
February 16, 2013 7:27:16 PM

Same sentiment as Ezio, air cooling is cheaper and offers the roughly the same performance.
!